Built from mahogany and topped with solid Sitka spruce, the Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-45ME provides you with a meaty, organic tone framed by a vibrant quality that stands up well to forceful playing. It's pure magic when you dig into the Masterbilt AJ-45ME's rosewood fingerboard — its midrange frequencies produce amazing overtones that stack up and bloom. On top of that, onboard Shadow electronics make the Masterbilt AJ-45ME a phenomenal onstage companion.
First produced by Gibson in 1936, the Advanced Jumbo acoustic guitar was quickly replaced by the J-200 Super Jumbo after only 300 instruments were produced. Favored by bluegrass players in the 1930s, Advanced Jumbo guitars were highly regarded. Some modern collectors have dubbed these guitars "the best flat-top in Gibson's entire history." Currently prized by collectors and musicians, original Advanced Jumbo guitars sell for exorbitant sums of money on the used market. Now, thanks to Epiphone, you can grab one of these revered instruments for yourself.
Lurking just under the Epiphone Masterbuilt AJ-45ME acoustic-electric guitar's soundhole is a state-of-the-art preamp that gives you easy access to control your volume, as well high- and low-frequency EQ. You also get a phase switch that instantly cuts feedback without affecting tone. The Nanoflex pickup senses both the vibrations of the strings and soundboard for a truly acoustic amplified sound that combines accurate body and string tone with percussive attack — sort of like having a microphone mixed with a pickup. It's the best of both worlds.
The Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-45ME acoustic-electric guitar stems from a renowned lineage. Since their first release in June of 1931, Masterbuilt Epiphone acoustics have been coveted by guitarists of all genres for their easy playability and exceptional tone. The company stated in the original Epiphone Masterbilt catalog: "The possessor of an Epiphone instrument has the assurance that every possible precaution has been taken to build instruments by lifetime performance and pleasure." This promise is restated today on the Epiphone website and is backed up by their Limited-lifetime Warranty.
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Round Shoulder Dreadnought
- Body Style: No Cutaway
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Ebony
- Top Wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Solid Mahogany
- Body Bracing: Hand-scalloped
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: '60s SlimTaper, D profile
- Radius: 14"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
- Number of Frets: 20, Medium
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Open Back
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/Bone
- Nut Width: 1.69"
- Electronics: Shadow Sonic with NanoFlex undersaddle pickup
Shipping, Collection and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
- If you intend to collect in store, kindly confirm before ordering since we cannot guarantee stock availability local to you.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.