- Greatly reduces handling and wind noise
- Accommodates most shotgun microphones 325mm in length and 19-22mm diameter
- Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard with internal spacing guide
- Lightweight skeleton handle with 3/8" thread mount
- Mogami cable with Neutrik and Switchcraft XLR connectors
- Dead Wombat windshield included
- 10 year warranty (no registration required)
The RODE Blimp is a complete windshield and shock mounting accessory for the NTG1, NTG2, NTG3, NTG4 and NTG4+ microphones, as well as any third party shotgun microphone up to 325mm (12 ¾") in length. Now featuring the Rycote® Lyre suspension system, the Blimp provides the ultimate in microphone suspension and isolation. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap. The Blimp's handle has also been completely redesigned, reducing the product weight significantly, while increasing the ergonomics for handheld use. Housed inside the grip is a heavy-duty Mogami cable which splits via a junction box to a highly-flexible thin cable inside the Blimp, to minimise the transference of vibration to the microphone. With the lightweight design of the handle and suspension system the new Blimp design is over 25% lighter (550gm without microphone or DeadWombat fitted). The Blimp attaches to any standard boompole via 3/8" thread attachment at the base. The Universal Blimp Mount is available as an option to remove the handle when the Blimp is being used primarily on a boompole to reduce weight. The Dead Wombat windshield, caring brush and tail/patch cable are included. The added confidence of a full ten year warranty* ensures that the Blimp is by far the best microphone windshield system available, further evidenced by a 2009 Red Dot Award and Australian International Design Award for outstanding product design. *Excludes normal wear and tear of Dead Wombat furry cover or any misuse, modification or improper storage and transportation of the product.
Shipping, Collection and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
- If you intend to collect in store, kindly confirm before ordering since we cannot guarantee stock availability local to you.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.