The Epiphone EB-3 solidbody Four-string bass gives you big tone and fast playability, thanks to its combination of a long-scale set-neck design, SG-style double-cutaway body, and dual-pickup configuration. The EB-3 bass's mahogany body is equipped with a heavy-duty bridge, a Sidewinder bridge pickup, and an NYT Bass mini-humbucker for maximum sustain and a range of great tones. The mahogany neck is slim and comfortable, and its rosewood fingerboard includes classy trapezoid inlays. Sure, it's a very affordable instrument but the EB-3 is also a great-playing tone monster of a bass!
The EB-3 bass sports a mahogany body for exceptional sustain and a powerful, bassy voice. And with a pair of humbucking pickups, you'll get a wide variety of warm, mellow tones from the EB-3 bass. But don't think that the EB-3 bass stays back in the mix - crank the volume and tone controls, and you can shape the sound of the dual humbuckers however you need to hold down the rhythm.
While most SG-style bass guitars boasted short-scale necks, the EB-3 sports a long-scale mahogany neck for classic bass tone with a ton of vibe. The longer scale allows low frequencies to develop fully, give you a rock-solid punch and focus that you - and your amplifier - will love. And the sustain is sweet too!
In the mid-'60s, the EB-3 "SG" bass was the only bass being produced by Epiphone. And they must have gotten it right on the first try, because the EB-3 bass became a favorite of rock icons like Bill Wyman of The Rolling Stones, Jack Bruce from Cream, and John Entwistle from The Who. This EB-3 bass gives you the vintage vibe and feel of the original, without the vintage price tag.
- Number of Strings: 4
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Body Shape: SG
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Colour: Cherry
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: SG
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid Trapezoids
- Number of Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Nut Material: Graph Tech NuBone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Stoptail
- Tuners: Chrome with Clover buttons
- Neck Pickup: Sidewinder Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: NYT Bass Mini Humbucker
- Controls: 2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching: 3-way rotary pickup switch
- Strings: .045-.105
Shipping, Collection and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
- If you intend to collect in store, kindly confirm before ordering since we cannot guarantee stock availability local to you.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.