With its brand new Yamaha CFX Concert Grand voice and realistic Graded Hammer Mk III weighted hammer action, the YDP-164 offers a piano-like experience ideal for both beginners and advanced students
- The rich sound of the Yamaha CFX concert grand
- GH3 keyboard with synthetic ivory (white keys) and ebony (black keys)
- Damper resonance and string resonance
- Smooth release & key off sampling
- Compatible with the Smart Pianist app
- Stereophonic optimiser
- 192-note polyphony
- 3 pedals (damper with half pedal effect, sostenuto and soft)
Yamaha CFX Concert Grand
Newly sampled for the YDP-164, our flagship CFX 9' Concert Grand offers sparkling highs and a powerful resonant bass in a tone which projects to the furthest reaches of any concert hall. The CFX was played by the winner of the prestigious International Chopin Competition in 2010, and has since gained recognition as one of the greatest concert grands of modern times.
Authentic acoustic piano playability
With an 88-key piano action and synthetic ivory and ebony keys, the Graded Hammer Mk III (GH3) weighted hammer action reproduces the touch of an acoustic piano, from the heavy feel in the lower register to a lighter touch in the upper octaves. The GH3 features a three-sensor configuration which accurately senses and interprets the behaviour of the keys to provide a grand piano-like response and feel, allowing rapid note repetition and authentic expressive control.
iAC – Intelligent Acoustic Control - Enjoy at any volume
The YDP-164 maintains a rich and balanced sound at any volume level you choose to play at. Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC) adjusts the balance of bass and treble automatically to allow players to enjoy a full sound even at a lower volume.
Play for hours at any time with headphones
Stereophonic Optimiser lets players enjoy the natural, spacious sound experienced when sitting in front of an acoustic piano, even when wearing headphones. When using this function, voices sampled from acoustic pianos are perceived to come from the body of the instrument itself, not your headphones, providing a comfortable, natural experience.
Enjoy the piano more with Smart Pianist, a dedicated app that adds a beautiful graphic interface and a variety of incredible features to the YDP-164.
From selecting instrument Voices or adjusting settings to practicing with a metronome or recording your masterpieces, Smart Pianist gets you to making music faster and lets you focus on the enjoyment of playing.
Smart Pianist can also scan the audio songs loaded in your Music Library, analysing the chord progressions and then display them for you on the screen of your smart device. Play along as the chords scroll by, all the while hearing the song play back through your piano's speaker system. Loading MIDI songs into the app will allow you to follow along with digital sheet music while you play.
Designed to elegantly fit into your home decor, the YDP-164 represents the traditional design of the acoustic piano while delivering the technology and convenience of a state-of-the-art digital piano.
Shipping, Collection and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
- If you intend to collect in store, kindly confirm before ordering since we cannot guarantee stock availability local to you.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.